Back to jobs
- Posted 22 August 2023
- Salary Competitive, dependent on experience
- LocationUnited States of America
- Job type Permanent
- Contact NameGreg Hammond
BioTalent are exclusively partnering with a fast-growing Gene Editing Biotech to search for an Associate Director of Protein Engineering to join their team in Durham, North Carolina. This is an exciting opportunity to grow leadership skills, contribute to the making of genetic medicines that impact patients’ lives, and help build a successful therapeutics company from an early stage.
This role will offer you:
- Join a fast-growing Biotech and be influential in the growth and direction of the company.
- Contribute to publications and patent applications with other recognised leaders in the industry.
You will be responsible for:
- Develop, guide and execute the strategy and direction of engineering CRISPR genome editors for therapeutic targets.
- Provide expertise in establishing and executing high throughput platforms for protein and/or guide RNA engineering that improve activity and specificity of genome editing both in vitro and in vivo.
- Analyze experimental results and communicate data at internal and external research meetings.
- Mentor junior scientists both in conducting successful engineering projects and in career development.
- Follow advancements in the field of gene editing and gene therapy published in the literature and presented at conferences.
You will bring the following:
- PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology or similar along with significant experience working in industry on projects directly in protein engineering and optimizing gene editing systems for therapeutic programs.
- Proven experience in high throughput screening and selection-based directed evolution for protein and guide RNA engineering in bacterial and/or mammalian cells.
- Experience in early discovery in a CRISPR-based gene and cell therapy company is highly preferred.