BioTalent are partnered with a ground-breaking biotechnology company based in southern Switzerland, specialising in biophysics research for the discovery of novel therapeutics. We are supporting them with their search for a wet-lab Scientist focused on bioassay and functional screening. You will design, execute, and interpret scientific experiments to provide critical biochemical and cell assay data for multiple biologics drug discovery projects. The company promotes an innovative environment and an excellent work and team culture.
You will be responsible for:
- Design, develop and execute biochemical and cell-based functional assays for screening and characterising biologics.
- Handling, sorting and characterising primary cell lines, stem cells and PBMCs.
- Designing, planning and performing cell-culture experiments and assays in the context of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases and other disease models.
- Ensuring compliance with General Laboratory Standards, and Safety, Health and Environment standards.
- Statistical data analysis, interpretation of analysis results and presenting your work.
- Preparation of SOPs, reports and presentations.
- Presentation and discussion of data in team meetings with associated subject matter experts.
- Transfer of methods and management of CROs.
You will bring the following:
- PhD or MSc degree with relevant hands-on experience in the lab.
- Practical wet lab experience in a drug discovery environment.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of cell-based assay development.
- Experience in biochemical and molecular biology methods.
- Hands-on experience with primary cell lines, PBMCs and iPSC-derived neuronal models is desirable.
If you would like to learn more about this exciting opportunity or to recommend a valued professional from your network, you can share your CV and/or reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org.
BioTalent Ltd are acting as an employment agency in relation to this opportunity.